This shredded chicken is a go-to of mine when I'm prepping for my week. I don't add much seasoning to it when I do this, that way throughout the week I can add seasonings as I please. (In the past I would season each batch the same way, I would be eating the same flavored chicken every damn day and it would get old fast.) This way I can custom it to whatever I'm feeling each day.
• pour the cup of water into a crock pot
• place chicken in crock pot
• squeeze lemon over chicken
• salt and pepper to taste
Depending on how quickly you want the chicken ready will depend on your cook time
• within 3-4 hours put the crock pot on high
• if you have 6-7 hours put the crock pot on low
After it has been your desired time, the chicken should shred apart very easily if you use two forks.